Friday, June 12, 2009

Two at once

(Original Blog Post: http://www.jetmykles.com/2009/06/two-at-once/)
No, I'm not talking about menage this time. I'm talking about writing. I've got two stories live in my head at the moment and it's kind of weird.

I just finished the rough draft of Dark Elves VI: Awakening as well as the first round of edits on Heaven Sent: Revelations, so, naturally, I'm ready to start the next project. I don't stop, you know. I may not be writing as fast sometimes or I may be stuck and not writing at all, but the stories never really halt in my head.

Well, I was all set to start this story that is so far "the boss" story because I don't have a title for it yet. I started working on this one over a year ago when the first scene jumped out at me and I had to write it. I managed to write 20,000 words on it before I fizzled out. I think it was Unicorn that needed to be written, so I put this boss story aside. But now it fits perfectly with a submission call that Loose Id sent out so I'm trying to get that one done and in by the deadline. It's the story I planned to do.

So, imagine my chagrin when another story up and accosts me. I'm going to say it isn't my fault. Look at this picture by Heise.

whisper of a rose2 by *heise on deviantART

Is that not one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen? I'd seen it before because I purchased her artbook, but I was looking again the other day and a story for these guys just leaped out at me. I'd written close to 5K words before I'd really realized it.

So now I've got 2 stories going and I don't know who'll win out. Not sure I can get both of them done before I need to start working on the sequel to About Something, which I've agreed to do.

*sigh* so many stories!

No comments: